Friday 19 July 2013

Vilanova: "Ancelotti is a great coach"

Tito Vilanova has happily announced that Messi has returned to training in fantastic form. "I've never seen him come back for pre-season in such good shape", said the 'Azulgrana' coach, who doesn't see any problems with the active holidays that the Argentine ace had.

Regarding Carlo Ancelotti's arrival to the Spanish league, Vilanova heaped praise upon the Italian coach because "he's a fantastic manager" that's won titles in England, Italy and France. "I hope he can make a contribution to Spanish football", he added.

"Signing Neymar and a new centre-back was the aim. I'm happy with how things have developed", Vilanova commented, with the Barcelona manager not worried about how the relationship between Neymar and Leo Messi may evolve in the future.

"I'm very happy to have a player like Neymar. Messi is the best player in the history of football and Neymar has to show his qualities in a league like 'La Liga'. I think they complement each other well as players. If Neymar joined another team, we would be worried", he said.

Regarding Thiago's transfer, Vilanova said that he wants players like Fàbregas, who are committed to winning titles with Barça. "I would have liked Thiago to stay. He's already a top player and has huge potential, and it's a shame that he's left. I want players that can tell me: I want to win with Barça", he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment