Monday 15 July 2013

Messi: “I learned a lot from Ronaldinho”

The Barça star reveals that Ronaldinho was a key figure in helping him settle into the team insists that Barça “should always be grateful for everything he did” 

Messi: “It’s never easy to go into a changing room at the age of 16 especially with my character. Ronaldinho was the star of the team and he really helped me a lot”
Last Thursday, Ronaldinho made history with Atlético Mineiro by scoring the decisive penalty of the semi-final and sending them through to the final of the Copa Libertadores. He is the main attraction of his current team, just as he was with Barça. Speaking in an interview for Barça TV, Messi revealed: “I’ve always said that from the first moment I entered the changing room, Ronaldinho and the rest of the Brazilians - Deco, Sylvinho and Motta- welcomed me and made things easier for me. But above all, him (Ronaldinho), because he was the star of the team. I learned a lot by his side”.
According to Messi, Ronaldinho was a key figure in helping him settle into the team. “He was a great help. It’s never easy to go into a changing room at the age of 16 especially with my character. Ronaldinho made everything much easier for me. I had the good luck to experience him at first hand and to share many things with him. I can say that he’s a really great person and that’s the most important thing”.

No comments:

Post a Comment