Monday 15 July 2013

Ronaldinho was responsible for the change in Barça. It was a bad time and the change that came about with his arrival was amazing

However, Messi doesn’t only pick out the welcome he received from Ronaldinho; he also expresses his gratitude to former manager Frank Rijkaard: “Sometimes I didn’t understand why I hadn’t been picked or why I wasn’t playing. Now I look at it coldly, I think that he treated me really well, without any hurry. I’m very grateful to Rijkaard because he knew what was best for me at every moment. That’s why I’ll always be grateful to him and all the coaching staff”.
In fact, the only regret Messi has is not to have celebrated with more enthusiasm the Champions League trophy won in Paris in 2006. “I was recovering from injury and I didn’t make the final. I was very young and I didn’t want to celebrate it. Then Ronaldinho, Deco and Motta brought me the trophy so I could celebrate and that’s a really good memory. Now I regret not enjoying myself more on the pitch, though I did afterwards”

No comments:

Post a Comment